4/30/2005

Mrs Roocy Kibaki asks 'Who is your mother'

- Mama Diop? Mama Diop!
link I want to see the pictures!! highlights from nation article written by Story by [snip]
First Lady Lucy Kibaki dramatically disrupted a farewell party at the Nairobi home of outgoing World Bank country director Makhtar Diop on Friday night.
An angry Mrs Kibaki invaded the house demanding that the loud music be switched off.
At that time musicians Mercy Myra, Eric Wainaina and Suzanne Kibukosya were on stage entertaining the guests. [snip]At one time she told Mr Diop that no man in Kenya has dared talk back to her. [snip]
Singer Eric Wainaina recalls: "I was still on stage preparing to do my second song when she turned up. She had like five bodyguards and ordered the music to be stopped from playing. It was so embarrassing since she is the First Lady and even diplomats had been invited.
"She could not listen to anyone, not even to Mr Diop himself. In fact she started asking irrelevant questions such as ‘who is your mother?’ It was so bad. What she was wearing was not very clear to me, but it looked more like some blue track suit or pyjamas." [snip]
Some of those present witnessed Mrs Kibaki trying to unplug the music system and shouting that "This is Muthaiga, not Korogocho".
Its Moto!!
angalia this meme. by wassapangaz, and also the ones by Bankelele, everyone really kinda said something about her.
And the oscar for best dramatic sequence goes to...
btw it is almost mothers day in US, her PR people could spin it that she wanted to wish Mama Diop 'Happy Mother's Day!' We have checkad!
oh btw, does that mean 'Who's your daddy' is so passe' as a phrase? KJ of redykyulas should do a sketch of this incident complete with play by play commentary by nyambane. Cant wait to hear what the blogosphere will say! . Ok, i'll stop now.
Update: Check out who is your mother and luci kibaki a repository of Roocy shenanigans. :)

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

YOU have GOT to be kidding me... I shudder in embarrasment!

Its interesting coz up until I started the Kibaki meme, I really had no clue this mithe was bananas of saz!

Then again, it couldve been a >LOT worse hehe : see Kenyan pundits response to number 3 of the meme

the 'blue tracksuit' had me in stitches!!!!

5/01/2005 1:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"who is your father" is sooo last century ... "who is your mother" is the in thing!

5/01/2005 9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This takes the cake..LOL

5/01/2005 11:08 AM  
Blogger Afromusing said...

I couldnt believe my eyes when i read the story. We can definitely say we come from a very interesting country without understatement at all.

5/01/2005 1:21 PM  
Blogger Spidey/Tato said...

-asi they're 2 websites now...what shall we do wit our own rucy?????
-yeah i watched laura bush premiere in stand up comedy she tore the house down...my best line was reffering to Barbara Bush as Don Corleone

5/02/2005 2:39 AM  
Blogger akiey said...

Aha! Now we'll be known for more than just the highly talented athletes, great tasting tea & coffee, flora & fauna etc, etc. The word will be Kenyans are lovely people but beware their Mother:)) Rucy, my Rucy, nani kama wewe mama:)!!

5/02/2005 11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A friend told me about it this weekend, I thought it was a joke until I saw this all over Kenyan Blogs today lol. I heard she was a bit "interesting" but this is just wow. and lol @ "who is your mother".

*shakes head*

5/02/2005 12:35 PM  
Blogger Githush said...

I find it very hard to defend the first lady in this instance. I concur that she may have had some grievances (noise and perceived media bias), lakini this was not the way to deal with it.

For the party, she should have called Karao and asked to end the party. For the newspaper, she should have sued, and maybe (as my friend reminded me) received millions like Biwott. I was very dissappointed by her reaction to the two events.

However, I will not jump to conclusions and argue that she gone crazy, but to me it seems that the old lady may be getting too used to the power of being so close to the prezzo. From her reactions, I perceive a sense that she may believe that she is more powerful than the police, her word is more powerful than the law. It seems

5/07/2005 12:07 AM  
Blogger Afromusing said...

githush! great to read your perspective on this!

5/07/2005 3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home