4/22/2005

Kibaki meme.

Kijiti ya thinker, bankelele na githush...

1 a. Do u think Kibaki is LAZY?
It appears to me that he may be having trouble keeping up with the pace of Kenyan society. Could it be the side effects from his medication?

1 b. Give an instance of when he portrayed LAZINESS as president.
Ditto on thinker’s , Kenyan pundit, bankelele and Githush’s assessments, Though I will add about the lack of vision. Tuko wapi na tunaelekea? The importance of vision to me is so important. (granted am away, lakini I don’t get a sense of this at all, correct me if I am wrong) I recall a quote that goes something like ‘it is easier to motivate people against something, than to motivate them for something’. I was in Kenya shortly before the election and he was elected in part because people were fed up and were motivated against…well you know…moi his ilk. Bleh bleh… Kibaki’s challenge is to motivate and deliver on a clear vision, consistently and on point.
2 a. What trait do u find the single most detrimental to the national cause?
As Mr. Njeru says ‘Money illusion syndrome’ i.e. dependence on AID for budgetary support, and the squandering (si you know!) of said support.
2 b. Comment on it Link to research paper by James Njeru. Skip to the conclusion if you do not have time. Of note.
"The linkage between foreign aid flow and recurrent expenditure may indicate that at the margin, not all aid flow is spent for development purposes. Policy makers may perceive aid commitments as increases in government revenue and after the budget approvals they switch budgetary resources from one vote to another to finance any extra recurrent expenditure. This explains why the government is able to pay salaries and allowances for civil servants immediately upon entering into new contracts on aid disbursement."

Not only are we in debt, the system if messed up and these guys are not really talking about the issues in a constructive manner. Our leaders need to change their thinking on how they perceive AID, DEBT and BUDGET. Better yet, we need to reevaluate how we see those 3 things. Yeah we are in a funk, lakini we can work towards getting out of it! How about a regular peugeot instead of a mercedes and the fancy cars we read about when the NARC govt came into power. Our leaders then passed 1 not 2 not 3, 1 bill in 2004. What about the ‘monster trucks’ driven by constitution commissioners ? Na constitution iko wapi?

3. What is the most embarrassing thing, in your opinion, Lucy Kibaki has done?The one I recall involved the reassertion of her first ladyness. Tact woie tact.
4. Do you wonder where Wambui, the Hillary Rodham of Kenya, ever went to?
nope
5. Do you care How much influence the First Lady has over decisions made by the president?
Yeah. It would be great if she had an exemplary influence, I am all pro-women leading the world…(Quit shaking me!!!…I am awake now…) still.

6. What is the single most critical issue facing the Kenyan presidency today? Others have answered this one thoroughly, so I will say chauvinism. The fact that Kiraitu Murungi still has a job in the govt.
7. Did you vote in 2002 General Elections? (must answer). No excuses required.
No. Away from home, no absentee ballot.
8 a. Do you care?
Yes
8 b. Who else would you like to complete this meme?
Mental, Ms K, Bullets&Honey, MJY, Mshairi, Wassapangaz , shipwright and everyone at KenyaUnlimited! oh and nicholas gichu too.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting post; I dont know why but I have a soft spot for Kibaki, I think I just disliked Moi and his cohort so much that I was glad for any new gov't. What I'd like to see, though, is young 'turks' aged 25-40, youths are under-represented.

4/28/2005 2:56 PM  
Blogger Afromusing said...

I completely agree, we need young people who can stand and talk intelligently and represent US. I definitely think we deserve better, waay better.

4/28/2005 4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home