I had been leaving messages on EXT 6 for the past week or two.
- 2 passport photos (with name written on the back of it)
- PT1 form (can be downloaded online here)
- Money order to cover replacement (50$ or 70$)
"Yes??" - well Sara must have a rather deep voice because it seems to me like its a man.Oh well, as long as he/she can sort it out, i dont care what octave the voice is in. I proceed to give my name and specifics of my situation.
Sara:When did you send the passport in?
Me: July 19th. (I will admit that i did not have the post office routing number with me or the exact date that the embassy received the passport- They did receive it though. I had checked the usps website afew days after priority mailing the passport.
Sara: So we would have received it around July 20 something?
Sara: Give me your number and i will check on that and call you back.
Me: Sure, sure. May i have your name again?
sara: (hesitantly) "Sara"
Me: O.k well thank you and have a good day.
Tune in tomorrow to see if 'sara' calls me back about my passport and whether he/she will sound different this time.If he/she does not call me by 10:30EDT, You bet i will be calling again. This time, i will have the routing number from usps and the exact date my passport reached the embassy.
Moral(s) of the day:
- Rather obvious but if you've had your passport for 10yrs you would need a new one, so fill out the paperwork for that instead of the renewal paperwork which is what i mistakenly did. (It still does not excuse the embassy for not calling back or sending me a letter)
- Calling the Kenyan Embassy passport renewal office is a waste of time, do not leave a voice message on ext6 - your call will not be returned.( I think i can categorically state that since my call was not returned in a span of 2 weeks) Press 0 for the operator and indicate that you would like to speak with someone if at all possible.
- Have the routing information of the registered package and check on www.USPS.com website for the precise date that the embassy received your passport. (for those in the US - If you are in a different country, please check if you can track the package online)
-Get the name of the person you are talking to and their title.
-Last but not least dont be shocked that Sara's voice might have a tinge of baritone.