9/13/2005

very random post

Well, I stopped by my local blockbuster video rental store this evening. I knew precisely which sappy movie I wanted to watch today. Looked around and didn’t spot it at first, walked around the store quickly (those who know me know that when I say quick, I do mean quick) circled back to where I thought I saw it the last time and found no copies on the shelf. Went over to the checkout counter and the gentleman helpfully asked, “How can I help you?”

Me: I like your shirt that is nice! Crash was a great movie.
(He was wearing a black t-shirt with rent Crash ***** “A knockout!” written on it. Crash was printed in white, the rest of the words in a kind of seafoam green.
Him: Yeah! It is a wonderful movie.
Me: Could you check for me if someone has returned a copy of ‘Wedding Date’?
Him: Oh yeah I have a copy available right here…
(he walks over to the other checkout counter and retrieves the movie.)
Is there anything else I can help you with?
Me: Well… if I could have your t-shirt...
(I know I shouldn’t have, but it just tumbled out of my mouth! the words kind of hang in the air...)
Do you have some extra shirts?
Him: Well, you do have to work here in order to get one, (he is still standing there while I fumble around for my card which I didn’t find, I could see the wheels turning in his head)
Me: (slightly dejected look ) oooh o.k...
Him: You know what? We do have some extra, you just cant wear it in here.
Me: (Beaming) Really? Wow!
(really beaming now when I realize he just asked me what size i would like omg) Small please.
(He walks over to the back of the store, comes back with the shirt and proceeds to check out the movie by asking for my last name, then asks to confirm my first name)
Thank You!
Him: Would you like a bag?
Me: Yeah sure (damn, why did I say yes? The man just gave you a free t-shirt, why do you need a bag to put the movie and the t-shirt? Well, its too late I already said yes. He puts everything in the bag and I am still beaming like a nonsense.I mentally made a note of his name, and that he was the manager)
You totally made my day, thank you.
Him: You are welcome, you just cant wear it here.
Me: Sure, sure, I wont. Thank you!

(I exit with a huge smile that would probably chase away the gathering clouds; it was just about to rain. That it still hasn't poured as i type this is not lost on this very happy girl)

Yeah Rent Crash ****"Knockout!"

13 Comments:

Blogger Medusa said...

Ohh, sweet..and I loved that movie. Nothing like a freebie..
Was just as happy last night, went to borders and found a book i've been looking for on sale- for a dollar..Ken you brave it??..ONE DOLLAR. I skipped to the counter..and all the way home.

9/13/2005 9:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup crash was good movie..jus caught this past weekend too..enjoyed it thoroughly... wedding date! the only thing i rememember is me snoring...

msaniiXL

9/13/2005 11:31 PM  
Blogger Uaridi said...

Ask and you shall recieve so says the Good Book. Hope you enjoy the tee-shirt as much as the movie, which I still have to see.

9/14/2005 5:03 AM  
Blogger Afromusing said...

Medusa, am a sucker for a bargain, you cant beat 1$ :))

jjr u!well, its because in a small way its a triumph over all those muscles and machismo you guys have ;)

Msanii, dang that movie had a plot, i wonder what you would say about the keanu reeves/charlize theron 'November', my dear bf was bored out of his wits i onead him huruma...gotta watch em u might as well enjoy ama?

Uaridi the rose :)I hope you enjoy crash, wedding date was nice too. Glad you stopped by :)

9/14/2005 5:40 PM  
Blogger Ms K said...

I haven't watched Crash yet!!! I'm about to go down on my creaking knees and beg them to make just one copy for me. Boo hoo. I wish I had eyelashes I could bat!

Freebies are the best!!!!

And Medusa, a book for a dollar? I SO wish!!!

9/15/2005 3:14 AM  
Blogger Milonare said...

Hehehehe

U c(r)ashed in on a free t-shirt and even asked for a juala to ferry said t-shirt LOLOL

Ebu unleash picha so bloggers can send you free t-shos also LOL

9/15/2005 9:53 AM  
Blogger Guessaurus said...

Ohhh, I am so jealous. I also havent watched Crash - just waiting for it to come out on DVD here.

Oh, those blockbuster dudes can sometimes be cool. I went to my local one on Friday afternoon, I was so hungry and when I got to the counter the dude asked me why I looked miserable and I told him I was starving - he was having tea and bread and butter pudding - my favourite - he just turned around, brought it and we ate it all before he processed my order - and no he didnt flirt with me at all. I was so happy it put a huge smile on my face all day... Oh, and he let me have an extra movie for free...

Enjoy the tee - and the wedding date movie was so funny - coz I fancy me some Dermot Mul?whatshisname...

9/15/2005 11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am green with envy, Afromusing. There is absolutely no way the surly twit at my local video rental store would give me a smile (let alone a tee shirt:))

Going to watch Crash this weekend. Really looking forward to this.

9/15/2005 5:59 PM  
Blogger Afromusing said...

ms K, i think you will enjoy it. aki i wish i had a copy! if i come across one i will definitely hook u up, ama i go back and see if i can get it for free? though i doubt that could happen...

MILO. LOL! and the first tshirt will be from you for sure eh? first i need a digital camera.

guess: Mulroney eh waa what he did when she was on the side of the car...(no words) Gotta wach kung fu hustle, let me know what you think - also applies to all of you...that movie is insanely funny.

Mshairi. ROTFL! surly twit..enjoy your weekend and i hope you love the movie...i think you will :))

9/15/2005 10:06 PM  
Blogger Udi said...

Crash is one of the best movies of the year. I might just have to buy the DVD

9/22/2005 3:30 PM  
Anonymous Vimax Pills said...

i like this blog and article

5/03/2015 11:35 AM  
Anonymous Vimax Original Solusi Pria Perkasa said...



artikelnya sangat membantu gan thanks for sharing :)

6/01/2015 3:22 PM  
Anonymous VIMAX ASLI said...

VIMAX ASLI
ALAT SEX UNTUK PRIA
VAGINA PANTAT NUNGGING
VAGINA TABUNG
VAGINA SENTER
BONEKA FULL BODY
ALAT SEX UNTUK WANITA
VIBRATOR LIDAH
PENIS TEMPEL GETAR ELEKTRIK
PENIS SILIKON GETAR
PENIS IKAT PINGGANG
BONEKA FULL BODY PRIA
PENIS MUTIARA
VIBRATOR PENGGELI
ALAT PEMBESAR PENIS
VAKUM PEMBESAR PENIS
PRO EXTENDER
ALAT PEMBESAR PAYUDARA
VAKUM PAYUDARA
KRIM PAYUDARA
dr SUSAN CREAM
KONDOM
KONDOM KRISTAL
KONDOM NAGA
KONDOM KAKTUS
MINYAK PEMBESAR PENIS
COBRA OIL
BLACK MAMBA OIL
LINTAH PAPUA
OBAT KANTUNG MATA
OBAT PENGHILANG KANTUNG MATA
OBAT KUAT SEX
KAMAGRA OBAT KUAT CAIR
OBAT KUAT SEMPROT PROCOMIL SPRAY

10/18/2015 11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home