6/03/2005

movie tag- fired by akiey and adrian...HIT!!!

I will keep this brief…
1. Total number of films I own on dvd/video: 5 on dvd, with a box in storage of perhaps 25 VHS tapes.
2. The last film I bought: The Incredibles

3.The last film I watched:
- Tv :Preety woman … It was on TNT and they had this dinner and a makeover thing with a dude proposing during commercial breaks. Sappy!
-Theatre: Crash – Loved loved that movie, it has some of my favourite actors. The star of the movie though is the story. I would add my recommendation to that of Akiey, Deno and others who tell you to go see it.
4.Five films that I watch a lot or that mean a lot to me: I will start with my faves that are not that heavy on meaning..
- Lock stock and 2 smoking barrels
- High heels and low lives
- The usual suspects
Now to the heavy ones,
- Hotel Rwanda
- The Kitchen Toto
* Love Jones too
5. Tag five people and have them put this in their journal: I hope these 5 don’t mind…
JJR and Irene , Bankelele, Wassapangaz, The virtual insanity crew, Magaidi and Techheadz. oops that was 6...oh well.

4 Comments:

Blogger akiey5 said...

Nice, balanced selection Afromusing! -Seems if it wasn't for Ray, then Hotel Rwanda would mosdef have taken the Oscar. Everybody who's seen it recommends it highly.
Love Jones, I think it's headed to be an urban classic that introduced many inner city kids to the magic of good acting, great photography & soothing jazz. When is Larenz Tate getting a lead role in a major movie? He's a good actor that's being underated.
-Lock Stock & 2 Smoking Barrels sounds interesting from the title.
-Kitchen Toto I liked

6/03/2005 7:34 PM  
Blogger Chocolatelocs said...

Hey Afromusing!

Everyone keeps raving about Crash. I guess I have to go see it . . .

6/05/2005 10:19 AM  
Blogger Afromusing said...

Akiey, i keep asking myself the same question about Larenz Tate. He was spectacular in 'how do fools fall in love', i thought after that, that he would have a major major role...wapi. Anyhoo, i enjoyed seeing crash partly because he was there. Lock stock is just brilliant Akiey, check it out, high heels and low lives stars minnie driver and is just as bananas.
Hey Black Ambition, you HAVE GOT to see it!

6/05/2005 11:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Afromusing. That's sweet of you to tag us...no we do not mind (i'm speaking for jjr too). I have got to see crash. The reviews have been all over the place.

6/05/2005 3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home